Offshore crane operator vacancy
Songa Offshore is one of the newer players including rig companies of the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Nevertheless, today we rejoice in being a leader in the industry. Besides the three units already in operation, we awarded a contract for construction and operation of four new rigs Statoil. Det creates long-term. The backbone of the organization's employees with competence, ability and willingness to take responsibility. We on our part creates opportunities for the individual.
We at Songa Offshore will continue to get vacancy as assistant crane operator at several of our offshore oil rigs. Are you motivated to make a contribution to offshore oil rig of the industry's most exciting company? For your safety at all times be at the top, so we rely on employees who have experience in this type of offshore job before. Candidates who hold that position today will be preferred. We wish to advise that anyone wishing to be considered for this position must apply online.
Offshore crane operator responsibilities on our rig:
- Responsible for the safety of personnel and equipment within his workspace
- Follow up loading and securing of containers etc. for back loading
- Responsible for the daily operation , maintenance and testing of crane
- Follow up work of operating and maintenance operators
- Participate in the company's ICU (observation system)
- Ensure that all work is done in a safe manner in accordance with the procedures and management systems
- Inserted in the use of PTW ( workflow )
- Report to the crane operator
Qualifications to apply crane operator job
- A valid health certificate and safety courses
- Possessing G5 ( offshore ) and G4 ( overhead crane )
- Experience as an assistant crane operator on the rig
- GOC / ROC certificate or VHF Certificate
- Good ability to cooperate
- Crisp and clear communication
- Team player
- Master the Norwegian and English , written and spoken
Songa Offshore wish to have a single focus on our employees. Our rigs are known for a good working environment, something we are actively working to transfer to the new rigs too. Among other benefits we have holiday club, good insurance and retirement plans, competitive conditions and other welfare schemes.
Work as crane operator offshore on oil rigs
Offshore crane operator job tasks:
Offshore crane operators, has a very important job on the offshore oil platform. Offshore cranes built and used in today's technically advanced offshore platforms, They need more skills than just being able to pull the levers.
As crane operator you do lifting operations, working on the deck and maintenance of cranes. What can not be lifted manually to deck from supply boats\ships are lifted by cranes. To manage operations in deep water or at high altitudes, and often under extreme conditions, is part of everyday life of offshore crane operator.
Operations of crane are associated with a certain risk, and safety is always in focus. As the crane operator have the overall responsibility for the work being performed in a safe and responsible manner, and to work closely with flagman and boat driver, and communicate with the crew on deck with the help of a headset and radio. Because of this safety equipment must always be in top condition. In practice this means every 14 hours maintenance of equipment, and also that as a crane operator takes daily attention.
Typical tasks for an offshore crane operator:
- Operate and monitor cranes and equipment
- Operate and monitor machinery that opens and closes the drawbridges
- Daily maintenance of the cranes
Personal Characteristics for offshore crane operator
In order to work offshore as a crane operator on oil rig you should be comfortable working at heights, and you should have both good eyesight, good hearing and general good health (last one is essential for any man working offshore not only crane operator). You must be calm, patient, practically oriented performing equally diverse and independent tasks. You must have excellent collaboration and communication skills (Fluent English). Because there is often a rapid pace, you need to have the ability to concentrate and work efficiently and accurately. Leadership skills are also advantage.
Further education and career possibilities for offshore crane operators
Several choose to build on their education with technical college, engineering degree, machine construction are most popular directions to choose for offshore employment. Completed college provides expertise in middle management.
In order to work offshore as a crane operator on oil rig you must be able to perform a number tasks.
- Operate and monitor mobile or stationary cranes with fixed or movable booms.
- Operate and monitor equipment for hoisting, lowering or lifting of personnel and materials on construction sites or in mines.
- Operate and monitor equipment cables or the like for the firing of personnel and materials.
- Operate and monitor machinery that opens and closes the drawbridges.